Transform your outdoor space with festoon lighting
Outdoor living is a wonderful experience for the heart and soul, but what about when the sun sets? Have you ever admired the inviting ambiance of pub garden lights?
Whether you're planning a garden party, event, or wedding, festoon lighting can beautifully illuminate your outdoor space, allowing you to enjoy it even after dark.
This complete guide will explore the best ways to use festoon string lights in your garden, offering insights into available options, such as different lengths, styles, and types of bulbs.
|1. Choosing the Right Festoon Outdoor Lights|
|2. Best Outdoor Festoon Lighting for Your Space|
|3. Arranging Festoon Lighting|
|4. Determining the Number of Lights|
|5. Hanging Festoon Garden Lights|
To start, consider where you intend to place the lights and if there is a power source nearby. This will help you decide between plug-in or battery-powered festoon lights. Remember, extension cables can always be used to reach a power source.
Additionally, determine the color of light you prefer, such as multi-colored, cool white, or warm white festoon lighting.
There are several options to consider when selecting festoon lights for your garden. Here are a few recommendations based on their applications:
- Outdoor Festoon Lights: Ideal for illuminating a patio, fence, or wall, these standard festoon lights come in various lengths, including 5m and 10m.
- Drop Bulb Festoon Lights: Perfect for hanging from a pergola or above a seating area, these lights create a charming atmosphere.
- Connectable Festoon Lights: Great for covering larger areas, these lights allow you to add extra sets and customize the length according to your space.
You have the freedom to arrange your festoon lights in different ways, depending on your preference. Consider these popular configurations:
Straight Line: Arrange the lights along a wall or fence in a straight line.
V, X, or Z Shape: Create a visually appealing arrangement by hanging the lights in a V, X, or Z shape above a seating area or across your entire garden.
To determine the quantity of festoon lights needed, consider where you plan to use them and the desired shape of the arrangement.
Lay out the string lights exactly where you want them, measuring the required length by placing them on the floor.
Festoon string lights are excellent for DIY garden projects and are easy to install. Consider the following methods for hanging festoon lights in your outdoor area:
- Pergola Installation: Locate the power plug and safely bring the lights towards the pergola. Attach and run the cable up the nearest leg of the structure. Use existing lines or create your own pattern using cup hooks, zip ties, velcro, or strong string to attach the festoon lights.
- Fence or Wall Hanging: Attach cup hooks or cable ties every meter along the fence or wall and then hang the festoon lights. This method is perfect for illuminating your garden or creating a cozy seating area.
- Table Decor: Install festoon light posts at each end of the table to hang the lights above. This creates a beautiful atmosphere for outdoor dining.
- Patio or Decking: Determine your power socket's location and the desired shape of your festoon lights. Utilize existing structures like the house wall or trees. Alternatively, use festoon light poles or concrete-filled buckets strategically placed for a more versatile and intricate design.
Transforming your outdoor space with festoon lighting can create a magical atmosphere, allowing you to enjoy the beauty of your garden even after sunset.
By considering the various types of festoon lights available and following the installation tips provided, you can elevate your outdoor experience.
Visit our festoon lights collection to find the perfect lighting option for your outdoor space.